Come and Join Our Team
St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Grade School in Avondale is hiring. We welcome you to view our opening below and apply.
Desktop IT Support Technician:
Service provider remote and on-site Desktop Support, I/T Specialist
This position is responsible for answering phone calls, text messages and email ticket requests concerning customer desktops/ laptops, network, phone systems support, Windows servers and maintenance as well as other IT-related applications and hardware. You will troubleshoot hardware and software as the customer's IT resource; work on-site at customer locations and in varying custom environments; Work with virtual environments (VMs, virtual desktops, etc.) and more.
Full Job Description
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance and provide the appropriate support to resolve or escalate the issue as required.
- Create, update, escalate and resolve IT Support Tickets.
- Troubleshoot, repair, install, and perform preventive maintenance on various technology equipment, peripherals, data communication, VOIP phone system, and network systems.
- Assist with training of customers as needed to build users to be self-sufficient.
- Possess excellent troubleshooting, analytic, and organizational skills
- The position will have many varied duties, examples include setting up new desktop and laptop computers including initial install of software, troubleshooting basic computer problems, LAN connectivity, basic IT and telecommunications installation including basic wiring, equipment inventorying, installing new operating systems, new software, and software updates on desktops.
- Ensure network availability by monitoring servers, switches, routers, and firewalls
- Manage employee access to shared files and folders in support of customer requirements.
- Manage users on domain, Office365, Google Admin, VOIP phone systems, etc.
- Create, update and contribute to technical and self-help documents that are maintained in the IT Knowledgebase.
- Work on projects in a timely manner up to completion providing a quality product.
- Display flexibility and willingness in performing all other duties as assigned.
- Be able to work as part of a team or independently.
- Minimum of two years in technical support experience required
- Basic certifications like A+, Net+, or Windows Fundamentals
- Experience working with Windows Servers and Clients OS
- Understand Windows domain environment, experience working with Active Directory, Windows file system and Group Policies.
- Experience with Office365 and Google Admin
- Exceptional listening skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and compose grammatically correct, concise, and accurate notes
- Possess good troubleshooting skills and be able to isolate and fix problems quickly
- Enhanced ability to interpret customer’s description of problem, troubleshoot and provide solutions, summarize and document the interaction.
- Ability to install and terminate CAT network cable
- General knowledge of switches, routers, and firewalls
If you are interested in this position, please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Jose Jimenez, Systems Administrator.